Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Twilight Shirt

In case you don't know about Twilight, it's a book series by Stephenie Meyer about a 'forever seventeen' -year old vampire (Edward) who is drawn to a human girl (Bella)'s blood. Blah blah blah, they fall in love, the end. And that's just the first book.

After Twilight, it's New Moon, and after that it's Eclipse. I read those books last December by suggestion by my friend Cindy when we were Christmas shopping for friends at Target, literally three days before school was out. I got New Moon for Christmas, and realizing how addicting the books were, I bought Eclipse before I even finished with New Moon, just so I could read them faster.

Now, in 3 days (and counting), on August 2nd, the fourth and final book in this series will be coming out. The last book, Breaking Dawn, is a huge event for, not only me, but for 93% of the female teenage population in the US. Therefore, my friend Kristi and I are going to a release party at Barnes & Noble (so I'll have it 10 minutes after it's release). I made a shirt especially for the occasion.



I understand that it's probably not really easy to read (or understand if you haven't read the books), but it's quotes from the series. I'm not done with the shirt yet, (I still want to finish the front and the back, if I have time), but I just thought to give you a little taste of it before-hand.

It says:

It's the thought that counts. I ought to know. / You are my life now. / Fall down again, Bella? / You compare one [tree] to an entire forest. / Do I dazzle you? / Twilight: no matter how perfect the day, it always has to end.

I still have a ton of other quotes that I want to add, including:

Time passes. Even when it seems impossible. Even when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise. It passes unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging lulls, but pass it does. Even for me.

I just thought that I would share with you some of my shirt for the Breaking Dawn party, and I would also like to encourage you to read the Twilight series. They really are quite addicting.

PS: I am aware that I misspelled "Twilight," and I did fix it on the shirt. :]

No comments: