Saturday, August 2, 2008

OME! OME! OME!

Last night, at 12:01AM, Breaking Dawn was released. As I'm sure many of you have heard, Kelli and I went to these book clubs at Barnes & Noble, in order to get to the very front of the line for the book. Since Kelli and I don't need 2 copies of the book, Kelli gave hers to Kristi, and we were at the front of the line, somewhere around number 15.

Once I had the book in my hands, it was a race home with Kristi, so we could finally crack open the spines of the books and start reading. (We also hit every green light on the way home.)
Now, at 8:04PM on the 2nd, I'm on page 593 out of 756. I want to finish, but then again, I don't want to finish. This is the LAST book in this series by Stephenie Meyer. Sure, we have the movies, and sure, we have Midnight Sun, but it's not really the same after that. It's over, it's done, the end.


If any of you don't know TwilightGuy (Kaleb Nation), he's a guy who decided to read Twilight to see what every girl was obsessing over. (His website can be found here.) Since then, he's read the first, on Chapter 7 on the second, and well on his way to the fourth. He does these seriously awesome pictures for his website, too, which inspired me to do my own.

Here's TwilightGuy's:

And here's mine:
I remember last December when I finished the third in the series and saying how August was so far away and it would take forever to get to Breaking Dawn. Since that thought, the front cover and three pages are going to fall out of Twilight. New Moon has hardly any damage- it's been read 4 times (2 by me, once by Kelli, and once by Shelley). I sort of feel bad for harassing Eclipse the way I did. It's split completely down the middle. The seam split, and the pages are falling out. But then again, I alone have read it 100,000 times, so it had a fulfilled life.

No comments: